Woo hoo – our latest newsletter has been lovingly produced for you. Our main story is about the world record attempt, for the largest viewing of a whisky tasting online- being streamed live from here at the Mercat Grill this Friday (4th September) at 20:30 GMT. See all the details by clicking here.
Could you please help us plan our exciting reopening by taking our short, 3-min survey? Your feedback is so important to us!
Click on https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FSFX9ZJ.
All returned survey entries will be entered into a prize draw, with one winner picked at random to win a bottle of wine & nachos (over 18s only).
Survey closing date is next Monday 22 June.
Thanks so much in advance.
Our latest newsletter is out! Check it out here with updates on our live, online whisky event tomorrow night (8th May), our food donations & how you can get involved…Take care lovely folks…https://mailchi.mp/b99…/the-mercat-grills-latest-news-519942
That’s right folks – we’ve extended our food donations and we’re now going to regularly donate food supplies to the animals at Edinburgh Zoo, in addition to people, desperately in need of sustenance in our local area.
Graham Blaikie, owner of the Mercat Grill said: “My Mum heard that Edinburgh Zoo was in urgent need of monetary donations to help finance feeding their 1000 animals during lockdown, which costs them tens of thousands of pounds every month.
“So, following on from our ‘Soup(er) Hero campaign to help feed people in desperate need – we wanted to do what we can to help the animals at this incredibly difficult time, when the bulk of the zoo’s income, comes from visitors. Therefore, we’re going to donate as much produce as we can on a regular basis. So far, we’ve dropped off 12 crates of fruit, vegetables and salmon.”
We hope you’re keeping well and safe.
I want to say a massive thank you to our ever loyal and supportive customers who have already ordered our delicious dishes, direct to your doors!
In these unprecedented times we all find ourselves in – last weekend was our first time, providing our homemade cuisine available for take-away (either to collect or for home delivery) and what a great response we had!
We’ve made a few tweaks to improve our operations and serve you better, as well as being mindful of not putting any customers or staff at risk – or unnecessary pressure on the currently fragile food chain. And with our new delivery service, in order to continue to help the most poverty-stricken families in our area – if you have any tinned food you’d like to donate to the East Lothian Foodbank, please leave this on your doorstep and we’ll collect it, when dropping off your take-away!
Just to update you, we have;
- A slightly revised take-away menu (see full details here https://mailchi.mp/c39e0cb5958e/the-mercat-grills-new-delivery-servicefoodbank-donations ) with many of your favourite starters, mains, side dishes and our special kid’s menu as well as details of our drink’s options (from specialist beers, wine, gin & whisky to soft drinks)
- Changed our opening times – you can pre-order from 2pm and we’ll deliver between 4pm & 9pm (last order is 8:30pm) and we’re open Thur to Sun. However, if you would like a take-away on Mon, Tue or Wed please call us, pre-order and pay when we’re open on a Thur to Sun and we’ll specially arrange this for you at no additional cost.
- Fully kitted up our delivery drivers with gloves, face masks and antibacterial wipes/spray and have super stringent hygiene procedures within our kitchen and premises for our team.
- Created an isolated area, within our entrance area of the Mercat Grill – so if you’ve already paid for your take-away, we’ll simply leave it for you in this area for collection. Where possible, please pay for your take-away over the phone, when ordering to save cash transactions and contact.
- If you can only pay by cash – when we’ve given you your order total over the phone – please tell us what denomination of money you’ll be paying us and we can arrange for your exact change to be sorted out.
- We will be delivering to Whitecraig, Wallyford, selected areas of Dalkeith, Musselburgh & Inveresk. Other areas are available on request (depending on driver availability) such as Tranent, Prestonpans and Port Seton. Delivery charge is £2.50 & minimum order is £15.
Please call us on 0131 665 3354 to order.
We really hope we can bring a bit of the good old Mercat Grill cheer and great, homemade cuisine into your homes at this challenging time for all of us.
Take very good care.
With best wishes,
Owner of the Mercat Grill